List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rudy Lippan Date:July 12 2010 3:47am
Subject:Re: Mysql 4 to 5
View as plain text
Michael Dykman wrote:
> One problem you might be having is the column named 'call'..  It's a
> keyword, so perhaps you might get away with backticking it?    ie.
> `call`
>
> Also, you shouldn't need that final semi-colon inside your statement
> string..  I have had preparedstatement interfaces give me grief about
> that.
>
> As I recall, DBI doesn't attempt to validate the statement until execute time.

DBI does not get involved with the validation of the statement; it
leaves that to the database driver (DBD).

Not getting any feedback until execute might have been true for earlier
version of DBD::mysql because they did not support server-side prepared
statements (BTA, neither did mysql itself...).  These days you should
get feedback when preparing the statement  (assuming your server
supports it and it is enabled in the driver).

-r
Thread
Mysql 4 to 5Grant Peel12 Jul
  • Re: Mysql 4 to 5Michael Dykman12 Jul