List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:July 12 2010 1:20am
Subject:Re: Mysql 4 to 5
View as plain text
One problem you might be having is the column named 'call'..  It's a
keyword, so perhaps you might get away with backticking it?    ie.
`call`

Also, you shouldn't need that final semi-colon inside your statement
string..  I have had preparedstatement interfaces give me grief about
that.

As I recall, DBI doesn't attempt to validate the statement until execute time.

 $statemente = 'SELECT * FROM notes WHERE call = ? ORDER BY id;';
       $sth = $dbh->prepare($statemente) or die print "Couldn't
prepare statement:$DBI::errstr; stopped";
       $sth->execute($trackedcall) or die print "Couldn't execute
statement: $DBI::errstr; stopped";

 - md

--
 - michael dykman