List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Grant Peel Date:July 11 2010 11:50pm
Subject:Mysql 4 to 5
View as plain text
Hi all,

I recently migrated a script called perldesk from mysql 4 to mysql 5.

When I envoke the script from the web, I am now getting an error. I suspect its a version
syntax thing.

Here is what I see:

Couldn't execute statement: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'call = '1307'
ORDER BY id' at line 1; stoppedContent-type: text/html

      PerlDesk: Script Error

      Perldesk was unable to launch due to the following errors:

      1 at include/staff_subs.cgi line 1401.

line 1401 is the third line below:

        $statemente = 'SELECT * FROM notes WHERE call = ? ORDER BY id;';
        $sth = $dbh->prepare($statemente) or die print "Couldn't prepare
statement:$DBI::errstr; stopped";
        $sth->execute($trackedcall) or die print "Couldn't execute statement:
$DBI::errstr; stopped";

Any help on how to fix this would be appreciated,

-G

Thread
Mysql 4 to 5Grant Peel12 Jul
  • Re: Mysql 4 to 5Michael Dykman12 Jul