List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrés Tello Date:July 6 2010 4:09pm
Subject:Re: How to slim MySQL?
View as plain text
The more information, the easiest to pinpoint solutions.

delete all client and administrativ tools (mysql, mysqladmin, etc from the
"server", since you aren't doing any transactions, I think you can ditch all
engines excepto the isam/myisam, the basic one, also you migth want to leave
memory engine...

If I understand your project, you migth copy the database to the ram into a
tmpfs and if any change is needed, you update it, maybe to another engine??

What would I do. Build  mysql in some machine, only copy mysqld and it's
libraries, start it and trace it with strace -e open to see what files does
it needs at startup. Supply them.

Add the database, run the aplication.

If not working, repeat... until it works...

that would be my approach, I think that would take like... 2 days at most.
Don't think about leaning down the mysql, better thik about providing what
it barely needs to run properly.

Good luck.

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Nima Mohammadi <nima.irt@stripped> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 7:10 PM, mos <mos99@stripped> wrote:
> Hope the scenario is clear now!
> Did you really need this explanation to answer my question?
>
> -- Nima Mohammadi

Thread
How to slim MySQL?Nima5 Jul
  • Re: How to slim MySQL?Rob Wultsch5 Jul
    • Re: How to slim MySQL?Nima Mohammadi5 Jul
      • Re: How to slim MySQL?Rob Wultsch5 Jul
        • Re: How to slim MySQL?Nima Mohammadi5 Jul
          • Re: How to slim MySQL?Michael Dykman5 Jul
      • Re: How to slim MySQL?Joerg Bruehe6 Jul
        • Re: How to slim MySQL?Nima Mohammadi6 Jul
  • Re: How to slim MySQL?mos6 Jul
    • Re: How to slim MySQL?Nima Mohammadi6 Jul
      • Re: How to slim MySQL?Andrés Tello6 Jul
        • Re: How to slim MySQL?Nima Mohammadi7 Jul
Re: How to slim MySQL?Michael Dykman5 Jul