List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Satterwhite Date:July 5 2010 2:35am
Subject:Re: Why is Host option Failing?
View as plain text
On Sunday, July 04, 2010 06:36:00 pm you wrote:
> What user are you at the time you are running these tests.  Would I be
> correct in guessing 'root'?
>
> The reason localhost works is because, in some distros, root is
> enabled localhost with no password .. which is dangerous enough..
> granting root@'%" would be an invitation to disaster..
>
> From that same command line, what do you get for
> $ dig photon
>
> You likely want to make a grant suitable rfor that network address for
> the user you are trying to use.
>
>  - michael dykman

This sounded good, but....

"dig photon" returns "command not found"

I logged onto the server as root and issued the command:

grant all privileges on *.* to 'michael'@'%' identified by ????;
(??? is the password, in quotes, of course). It responded
	Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

I still can't connect via
	mysql -h photon -u michael -p??????

Still
	ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'photon' (111)
Thread
Why is Host option Failing?Michael Satterwhite5 Jul
  • Re: Why is Host option Failing?Michael Dykman5 Jul
Re: Why is Host option Failing?Michael Satterwhite5 Jul
Re: Why is Host option Failing?Michael Satterwhite5 Jul
  • Re: Why is Host option Failing?Bob Cole5 Jul
    • Re: Why is Host option Failing?Michael Satterwhite5 Jul
  • Re: Why is Host option Failing?burhan.khalid5 Jul