List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Satterwhite Date:July 4 2010 10:38pm
Subject:Why is Host option Failing?
View as plain text
I've recently reloaded my box (PCLinuxOS). The machine name on the network is
photon. I've set this in the hosts table, in hostname, and on the network. in
my.cnf I have the following 2 lines:

bind-address            = photon
bind-address            = localhost

The "skip-networking" directive is commented out. If I execute

	mysql -h photon

I get: ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'photon' (111).

mysql -h localhost

Works fine. Would someone be so kind as to let me know what I'm missing?
Thanks in advance
---Michael
Thread
Why is Host option Failing?Michael Satterwhite5 Jul
  • Re: Why is Host option Failing?Michael Dykman5 Jul
Re: Why is Host option Failing?Michael Satterwhite5 Jul
Re: Why is Host option Failing?Michael Satterwhite5 Jul
  • Re: Why is Host option Failing?Bob Cole5 Jul
    • Re: Why is Host option Failing?Michael Satterwhite5 Jul
  • Re: Why is Host option Failing?burhan.khalid5 Jul