List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:July 3 2010 6:43pm
Subject:Re: Connection Diagnostic Tool
View as plain text
I use c3p0 to manage MySQL connections in my JVM stack and have for
years in many installations, I have never had to do anything special.
If I can connect to the server through the console at the command line
of the client machine using the same credentials, then the stack will
just work.  Are you using Tomcat's  JNDI config?  I have always found
those to be a pain..  I manage my DataSource via Spring which I find
to be much more portable.

At the end of the day, if you are able to connect manually as
described above but your Tomcat application cannot, it's is not a
MySQL problem..  It's more likely a Tomcat/JNDI problem.  If you can't
connect via the command line (same client, same host, same
credentials), then we have a MySQL issue we can address as such.

 - michael dykman

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 8:08 AM, michel <compukat@stripped> wrote:
> I am setting up the Softslate web store package that uses Hibernate to
> connect to MySQL. Softslate fails to connect to MysQL on the c3p0 connection
> pooling. While I would love to solve this little problem it would be wiser
> if I learn to diagnose the problem. Is there a tool that can run on the
> Tomcat server that can help me replicate/diagnose the problem? Softslaste is
> running on the same box as MySQL.
>

> Thank you!

 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

 May the Source be with you.
Thread
Connection Diagnostic Toolmichel3 Jul
  • Re: Connection Diagnostic ToolMichael Dykman3 Jul
re: Connection Diagnostic Toolmichel6 Jul
  • Re: Connection Diagnostic ToolRob Wultsch6 Jul
  • Re: Fixed Connection Diagnostic Toolmichel7 Jul
    • Re: Fixed Connection Diagnostic ToolMichael Dykman7 Jul
  • Re: Fixed Connection Diagnostic Toolmichel7 Jul