List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Grant Peel Date:July 2 2010 12:44am
Subject:Updating 4 to 5
View as plain text
Hi all,

I have serveral servers running mysql 4, and need to update to mysql 5.

I have version 5 setup on a new dev server and will be cloning that to the
old servers, then restoring all the data from backups (mysql databases
included).

Once I have restored the data from backups, I will neeed to run
mysqlupgrade.

My question is, will the mysqlupgrade script update all the mysql tables,
(grant tables etc), as well as update all the users databases, or will there
be other things that need to be done?

-Grant

Thread
Updating 4 to 5Grant Peel2 Jul