List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jan Steinman Date:June 30 2010 7:50pm
Subject:Re: INSERT with auto increment
View as plain text
> From: "David Stoltz" <Dstoltz@stripped>
>
> In mySQL, if I expressly give it a value, like "INSERT INTO TABLE1
> VALUES(17,'stuff')" - it works fine. But if I remove the 17, it says I
> don't have a matching number of columns.

Use NULL for the autoinsert column.

----------------
I made it a rule to forbear all direct contradictions to the
sentiments of others, and all positive assertion of my own. I even
forbade myself the use of every word or expression in the language
that imported a fixed opinion, such as "certainly," "undoubtedly,"
etc. I adopted instead of them "I conceive," "I apprehend," or "I
imagine" a thing to be so or so; or "so it appears to me at present."
When another asserted something that I thought an error, I denied
myself the pleasure of contradicting him abruptly, and of showing him
immediately some absurdity in his proposition. In answering I began by
observing that in certain cases or circumstances his opinion would be
right, but in the present case there appeared or seemed to me some
difference, etc. I soon found the advantage of this change in my
manner; the conversations I engaged in went on more pleasantly. The
modest way in which I proposed my opinions procured them a readier
reception and less contradiction. I had less mortification when I was
found to be in the wrong, and I more easily prevailed with others to
give up their mistakes and join with me when I happened to be in the
right. -- Benjamin Franklin

INSERT with auto incrementDavid Stoltz30 Jun
  • Re: INSERT with auto incrementMichael Dykman30 Jun
    • RE: INSERT with auto incrementDavid Stoltz1 Jul
  • Re: INSERT with auto incrementjoao30 Jun
Re: INSERT with auto incrementJan Steinman30 Jun