List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nilnandan Joshi Date:June 30 2010 8:15am
Subject:Re: Updating from 4 to 5
View as plain text
Yeah, I'm agree with michael. For migration of DB from one major version
to another, must use the below approach.
by the using mysqlupgrade, might be we can loss some data.

regards,
Nilnandan

Michael Dykman wrote:
> There are binary differences between v4.x and 5.x (5.1.x
> recommended)..  The cleanest approach would be to do mysqldump on the
> old database and inject that into your new server.
>
>  - michael dykman
>
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Grant Peel <gpeel@stripped> wrote:
>
>> nilnandan,
>>
>> I meant to say Mysqlupgrade :-)
>>
>> Further, I can use the old mysql tables, (the mysql gant tables, user/passwd/host
> tables etc) and the mysqlupgrade will update them as necessary?
>>
>> -Grant

Thread
Updating from 4 to 5Grant Peel28 Jun
  • Re: Updating from 4 to 5Nilnandan Joshi29 Jun
  • Re: Updating from 4 to 5Grant Peel29 Jun
    • Re: Updating from 4 to 5Michael Dykman29 Jun
      • Re: Updating from 4 to 5Nilnandan Joshi30 Jun