List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Miguel Cardenas Date:June 30 2010 12:01am
Subject:Uninstalling MySQL 6.x from Windows
View as plain text
Hello

I have an old windows installation with MySQL 6.x and want to remove it so I
can install latest version 5.1.48 but I tried once before with another
computer and newer installation never worked, had to reinstall whole windows
to make a new clean installation.

How can I remove completely version 6.x so it does not affect the new
installation? The problem with uninstall and new installation was that the
MySQL SERVICE was unable to be installed/activated for some reason, and if I
tried to run it manually the same error was produced, unable to start
service...

Thanks for your help

Thread
Uninstalling MySQL 6.x from WindowsMiguel Cardenas30 Jun