List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nilnandan Joshi Date:June 29 2010 8:00am
Subject:Re: Updating from 4 to 5
View as plain text
Grant,

I think, you should run mysqlupgrade after copying old data in new servers.

Regards,
nilnandan

Grant Peel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am about to move from FreeBSD 6 to FreeBSD 8. With that, the mysql server version
> will be changed from 4 to 5.
>
> I am assuming I can load all the users tables, and the mysql database (grant tables
> and all) to the new server, then run mysqlupdate, and everything that needs to be updated
> will be.
>
> Any comments?
>
> -Grant

Thread
Updating from 4 to 5Grant Peel28 Jun
  • Re: Updating from 4 to 5Nilnandan Joshi29 Jun
  • Re: Updating from 4 to 5Grant Peel29 Jun
    • Re: Updating from 4 to 5Michael Dykman29 Jun
      • Re: Updating from 4 to 5Nilnandan Joshi30 Jun