List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carsten Pedersen Date:June 25 2010 12:06pm
Subject:Re: Altering database size to add more space
View as plain text
On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 06:31:11 -0500, Jim Lyons <jlyons4435@stripped>
wrote:
> I think you're confusing table size with data base size.  The original
post
> grouped by schema so it appears the question concerns database size.  I
> don't believe mysql imposes any limits on that.  Is there a limit on the
> number of tables you can have in a schema imposed by mysql?

Not by MySQL. On some file systems, there's a practical limit of ~10k
tables/database. At that point, looking up directory entries can cause
slowdowns.

/ Carsten

Thread
Altering database size to add more spaceSarkis Karayan24 Jun
  • Re: Altering database size to add more spaceAnanda Kumar24 Jun
  • Re: Altering database size to add more spaceJim Lyons24 Jun
    • Re: Altering database size to add more spacePrabhat Kumar25 Jun
      • Re: Altering database size to add more spaceJohan De Meersman25 Jun
        • Re: Altering database size to add more spaceJim Lyons25 Jun
          • Re: Altering database size to add more spaceCarsten Pedersen25 Jun