List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tim Gustafson Date:June 25 2010 12:19am
Subject:Re: selecting data for computation
View as plain text
Hrmm, something didn't work quite right.  Here's the actual query:

select x, y, zoom from map_images where image_data_size = 0 and
get_lock(concat(x, ',', y, ',', zoom), 0) = 1 order by zoom
, sqrt(pow(x, 2) + pow(y, 2)) limit 1

I've added the image_data_size column and indexed it, and set its current
value to length(image_data), and modified my "update" query to set
image_data_size correctly once the job is done.

When I run more than one compute job, they all start processing the same
job simultaneously.  What am I missing?

Tim Gustafson
831-332-1496
tjg@stripped
http://tgustafson.com/

Thread
selecting data for computationTim Gustafson24 Jun
  • Re: selecting data for computationDan Nelson24 Jun
    • Re: selecting data for computationTim Gustafson25 Jun
      • Re: selecting data for computationTim Gustafson25 Jun
        • Re: selecting data for computationDan Nelson25 Jun
          • Re: selecting data for computationTim Gustafson26 Jun
            • Re: selecting data for computationBaron Schwartz28 Jun
              • Re: selecting data for computationTim Gustafson1 Jul
      • Re: selecting data for computationJoerg Bruehe25 Jun