List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sarkis Karayan Date:June 24 2010 2:13pm
Subject:Altering database size to add more space
View as plain text
I feel like I am missing something, because I am not able to find the
answer to this simple question.

How can I increase the size of a database?

I am using the following query to check the available space and notice
that it is time to increase.

SELECT
  table_schema AS 'Db Name',
  Round( Sum( data_length + index_length ) / 1024 / 1024, 3) AS 'Db Size (MB)',
  Round( Sum( data_free ) / 1024 / 1024, 3 ) AS 'Free Space (MB)'
FROM information_schema.tables
GROUP BY table_schema ;

Thank you.
Thread
Altering database size to add more spaceSarkis Karayan24 Jun
  • Re: Altering database size to add more spaceAnanda Kumar24 Jun
  • Re: Altering database size to add more spaceJim Lyons24 Jun
    • Re: Altering database size to add more spacePrabhat Kumar25 Jun
      • Re: Altering database size to add more spaceJohan De Meersman25 Jun
        • Re: Altering database size to add more spaceJim Lyons25 Jun
          • Re: Altering database size to add more spaceCarsten Pedersen25 Jun