List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jaime Crespo Rincón Date:June 24 2010 10:11am
Subject:Re: MySQL Replication
View as plain text
2010/6/24 Tompkins Neil <neil.tompkins@stripped>:
> Hi
>
> Regarding two-way replication what do you mean by "very
> controlled environment" ?  What things do I need to consider ?

Control at application level that you are not going to
insert/update/delete the same record on the two servers.
Even if MySQL gives some support to handle this
(auto-increment-offset, replicate-ignore-table), you should mostly
handle it at business logic (application server) layer, not in the
MySQL database. Alternatively, as Johan pointed, have a look at the
semi-synchronous replication.

--
Jaime Crespo
MySQL & Java Instructor