List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joerg Bruehe Date:June 24 2010 9:33am
Subject:Re: Table creation fail
View as plain text
Hi David, all!

David Stoltz wrote:
> Actually,
>

> That table isn't supposed to have a PK, so I removed that, and it
> works...same effect you suggested.

Even if you currently don't need a primary key in that table, IMO you
should still define one. Use some 'id_testresult' column with an
autoincrement clause, so you need not provide a value.

Sooner or later you may (I really think: will) feel the need to uniquely
identify a row, especially to delete it, and a primary key will be very
helpful then.

Your original problem was most likely not due to mentioning "primary
key" but rather to not providing a column name for it.

Regards,
Jörg

--
Joerg Bruehe,  MySQL Build Team,  Joerg.Bruehe@stripped
Sun Microsystems GmbH,   Komturstrasse 18a,   D-12099 Berlin

Thread
Table creation failDavid Stoltz23 Jun
  • Re: Table creation failKrishna Chandra Prajapati23 Jun
    • RE: Table creation failDavid Stoltz23 Jun
      • Re: Table creation failJoerg Bruehe24 Jun
        • Re: Table creation failPrabhat Kumar25 Jun
          • Re: Table creation failJohan De Meersman25 Jun
            • Re: Table creation failPrabhat Kumar25 Jun
  • Re: Table creation failmos23 Jun