List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tompkins Neil Date:June 24 2010 8:18am
Subject:MySQL Replication
View as plain text
HI,

We have set-up MySQL Community Server 5.1.46 with Master to Slave
replication and everything appears to be working correctly, however I have a
couple of questions which I hope somebody can shed some light.

(1) When the network connection goes down between the master and slave
servers, it would appear that the updates are only sent from the master to
the slave, but not from the slave to the master when the connect is
re-established.  Is this correct ?

(2) What is the situation regarding conflicts if the same master and slave
record is edited at the same time ?

Thanks for any help.

Neil

Thread
MySQL ReplicationTompkins Neil24 Jun
  • Re: MySQL ReplicationJaime Crespo Rincón24 Jun
    • Re: MySQL ReplicationTompkins Neil24 Jun
      • Re: MySQL ReplicationJaime Crespo Rincón24 Jun
        • Re: MySQL ReplicationTompkins Neil30 Jun
          • Re: MySQL ReplicationJaime Crespo Rincón30 Jun
  • Re: MySQL ReplicationMark Goodge24 Jun
    • Re: MySQL ReplicationTompkins Neil24 Jun
      • Re: MySQL ReplicationJohan De Meersman24 Jun