List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:June 23 2010 4:31pm
Subject:Re: Table creation fail
View as plain text
David,
     You did not define a primary key for the table.

The "PRIMARY KEY ( ) " is expecting a column name inside the "( )"

Mike

At 11:21 AM 6/23/2010, David Stoltz wrote:
>Hi Folks,
>

>I use an online SQL Design tool to design my tables, etc. This generates
>script code that I can run in phpMySQL to create the tables, etc.
>

>The below code is causing an error - see below:
>

>CREATE TABLE `testresults` (
>
>`id_employees` INTEGER DEFAULT NULL ,
>`id_test_test` INTEGER DEFAULT NULL ,
>`testdate` DATE DEFAULT NULL ,
>`result` VARCHAR( 10 ) DEFAULT NULL ,
>`resultsdescription` MEDIUMTEXT DEFAULT NULL ,
>`resultsdate` DATE DEFAULT NULL ,
>`nextdate` DATE DEFAULT NULL ,
>`ptlevel` VARCHAR( 10 ) DEFAULT NULL ,
>`givenhere` INTEGER DEFAULT NULL ,
>PRIMARY KEY ( )
>
>);
>
>MySQL said:
>
>#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
>corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use
>near ')
>)' at line 11
>

>The bolded line above (resultsdate line) seems to be causing the
>problem....nothing looks wrong to me....
>

>Any ideas?
>

>Thanks!

Thread
Table creation failDavid Stoltz23 Jun
  • Re: Table creation failKrishna Chandra Prajapati23 Jun
    • RE: Table creation failDavid Stoltz23 Jun
      • Re: Table creation failJoerg Bruehe24 Jun
        • Re: Table creation failPrabhat Kumar25 Jun
          • Re: Table creation failJohan De Meersman25 Jun
            • Re: Table creation failPrabhat Kumar25 Jun
  • Re: Table creation failmos23 Jun