List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Raj Shekhar Date:June 17 2010 10:25pm
Subject:Re: opening a server to generalized queries but not "too" far
View as plain text
In infinite wisdom don-mysql8y@stripped (Don Cohen) wrote:

> The question is what I have to prohibit in order to prevent either
> updates or access to other tables, or perhaps other things that
> I should be worried about but haven't yet thought of.

One option here might be to use "mysql proxy" as a man-in-the-middle and
filter out unwanted queries.  You can find an example on how to do this
with mysql proxy on the mysql forge wiki
<http://forge.mysql.com/tools/tool.php?id=108> (more stuff
http://forge.mysql.com/tools/search.php?t=tag&k=mysqlproxy)

(in case you do not know mysql proxy, see
<http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/databases/2007/07/12/getting-started-with-mysql-proxy.html?page=1>
)

--
Raj Shekhar
-

Thread
opening a server to generalized queries but not "too" far(Don Cohen)16 Jun
  • Re: opening a server to generalized queries but not "too" farAdam Alkins16 Jun
    • Re: opening a server to generalized queries but not "too" far(Don Cohen)16 Jun
      • Re: opening a server to generalized queries but not "too" farAdam Alkins16 Jun
      • RE: opening a server to generalized queries but not "too" farDaevid Vincent16 Jun
        • RE: opening a server to generalized queries but not "too" far(Don Cohen)16 Jun
          • RE: opening a server to generalized queries but not "too" farWm Mussatto17 Jun
          • RE: opening a server to generalized queries but not "too" farDaevid Vincent17 Jun
            • RE: opening a server to generalized queries but not "too" far(Don Cohen)17 Jun
  • Re: opening a server to generalized queries but not "too" farRaj Shekhar18 Jun
    • Re: opening a server to generalized queries but not "too" far(Don Cohen)18 Jun