List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adam Alkins Date:June 14 2010 9:12pm
Subject:Re: list rows with no recent updates
View as plain text
One option would be to add a column to the table with a last_updated
timestamp. Everytime you update the row, update the last_updated field with
the current timestamp. Therefore you could just query the timestamp column
to get recently updated rows (or not so recently updated) as you please.

--
Adam Alkins || http://www.rasadam.com

On 14 June 2010 16:02, MadTh <madan.feedback@stripped> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I ran a update command on around 2700 rows inside a mysql database table
> which has around 3000 table rows to change the ( say)  price of each item (
> with unique ID. unique product code).
>
> like:
>
> mysql> UPDATE tbl_xyz  set listprice='9.45' where prod_id='3069' and
> prod_code='a0071';
> Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
> Rows matched: 1  Changed: 1  Warnings: 0
>

> How can I list rows with no recent updates ( or the once where the above
> updates were not done)  or say with no updates in last 2 hours?
>

> Thank you.

Thread
list rows with no recent updatesMadTh14 Jun
  • RE: list rows with no recent updatesDaevid Vincent14 Jun
  • Re: list rows with no recent updatesJim Lyons14 Jun
  • Re: list rows with no recent updatesMadTh14 Jun
    • RE: list rows with no recent updatesDaevid Vincent15 Jun
  • Re: list rows with no recent updatesAdam Alkins16 Jun