List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 22 1999 2:43am
Subject:Host '...' is blocked error
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "David" == David Sklar <sklar@stripped> writes:

David>    What are the networking conditions that cause MySQL to increment the
David> counter that triggers the "Host '...' is blocked" error message? I am getting
David> that error from servers that are only being connected to by valid clients.

David> The only thing I can think of that makes the connections unusual is that the
David> MySQL servers are sitting behind a Cisco LocalDirector. Even still,
David> connections usually work fine.

The error number is incremented if one of the following happens:

- One gets an error reading/writing to the client while connectiong.
- If it takes more than 'connect_timeout' before the client answers to
  a the connect handshaking.

When a connection succedes from a host, the counter is reset.

>> How-To-Repeat:
>> Fix:
David>  If I set max_connect_errors to 0, will MySQL never generate that error?

No;  You should instead set max_connect_errors to a real big value.
For example 16M should work nicely.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Host '...' is blocked errorMichael Widenius22 Apr