List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Aaron Savage Date:June 10 2010 3:55pm
Subject:substring query
View as plain text
I am looking for some guidance on creating a substring query.  I have
a column that stores a path to a file.  I would like to extract that
file extension and that is it and display it on my results.  However,
the paths are different lengths and some extensions are 3 letter and
some are 4, eq 'html'.  The only common they all have is the period
before the extension.  Anyone created a nested substring query that
can do what I am looking to do?

Thanks,
Aaron
Thread
substring queryAaron Savage10 Jun
  • RE: substring queryJay Blanchard10 Jun
  • Re: substring queryMark Goodge10 Jun
    • Re: substring queryAaron Savage10 Jun