List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:June 10 2010 8:49am
Subject:Re: 2 servers 1 common data base
View as plain text
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Joerg Bruehe <Joerg.Bruehe@stripped> wrote:

> |> There may be some merit to this in a specialized setup (SAN systems -
> |> I'm not convinced of them, but don't claim expert knowledge about them),

As a slight aside, I'd like to offer you two major advantages of SAN
systems:

1. More spindles, thus lower latency
2. Thin provisioning - akin to sparse files, you only lock the space you
really use, not what you reserve.

Both are of course at their most useful in large environments.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
2 servers 1 common data basecamelia botez10 Jun
  • Re: 2 servers 1 common data baseBenedikt Schackenberg10 Jun
    • Re: 2 servers 1 common data baseJohan De Meersman10 Jun
      • Re: 2 servers 1 common data baseWalter Heck - OlinData.com10 Jun
  • Re: 2 servers 1 common data baseJoerg Bruehe10 Jun
    • Re: 2 servers 1 common data baseJohan De Meersman10 Jun