List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joerg Bruehe Date:June 10 2010 8:33am
Subject:Re: how to setup replication - MySQL 5.0.x - Migration and new
databases
View as plain text
Hi all!

Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator wrote:
> Am 08.06.10 12:05, schrieb Rob Wultsch:
>> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 11:59 PM, Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator
>> <goetz.reinicke@stripped> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> we do have different LAMP systems and recently I started to put some
>>> mysql databases on one, new master server. (RedHat, Fredora, MySQL 4.x -
>>> 5.0.xx)
>> MySQL 4.X is EOL. I strongly suggest not using it for new projects, if
>> you have the option. If possible, MySQL 5.1 is recommended,
>
> Thanks, I'm aware of that. The 4.x servers are old and should be
> migrated to the recent redhat EL released mysql 5.0.x.

Even 5.0 should be just an intermediate step, given that it is in
"extended support" only.

You didn't specify whether you are with a customer having a contract for
extended support or not - if not, you cannot be assured to get fixes
even for severe bugs, should they become known in 5.0.

> [[...]]

Regards,
Jörg

--
Joerg Bruehe,  MySQL Build Team,  Joerg.Bruehe@stripped
Sun Microsystems GmbH,   Komturstrasse 18a,   D-12099 Berlin

Thread
how to setup replication - MySQL 5.0.x - Migration and new databasesGötz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator8 Jun
  • Re: how to setup replication - MySQL 5.0.x - Migration and new databasesRob Wultsch8 Jun
    • Re: how to setup replication - MySQL 5.0.x - Migration and new databasesGötz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator10 Jun
      • Re: how to setup replication - MySQL 5.0.x - Migration and newdatabasesJoerg Bruehe10 Jun
    • Re: how to setup replication - MySQL 5.0.x - Migration and new databaseslejeczek13 Jul
      • Re: how to setup replication - MySQL 5.0.x - Migration and new databasesMichael Dykman14 Jul