List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Walter Heck - OlinData.com Date:June 10 2010 7:52am
Subject:Re: 2 servers 1 common data base
View as plain text
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 07:09, camelia botez
<camelia.botez@stripped> wrote:
>What can be done to run on both servers mysqld simultaneously  and use the same data
> base?

You are probably asking the wrong question here. Let's take a step
back and ask you another question: What is it you want to achieve on a
non-technical level? My gutfeeling tells me you want to have a
HA-setup, so that when your database server dies, another one will
take over.
If that is the case, there's a bunch of tools that can help you do
that. You could use classic replication up to a certain point, but
active-passive master-master is probably more like what you want to
achieve. For that, you can use a tool like MMM (http://mysql-mmm.org)
for instance, which will make your life much easier.

hope this helps!

===
Walter Heck
Engineer @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Thread
2 servers 1 common data basecamelia botez10 Jun
  • Re: 2 servers 1 common data baseBenedikt Schackenberg10 Jun
    • Re: 2 servers 1 common data baseJohan De Meersman10 Jun
      • Re: 2 servers 1 common data baseWalter Heck - OlinData.com10 Jun
  • Re: 2 servers 1 common data baseJoerg Bruehe10 Jun
    • Re: 2 servers 1 common data baseJohan De Meersman10 Jun