List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bill Dossett Date:June 9 2010 10:48am
Subject:How can I see the query from a remote session against my server
View as plain text
Hi,

I'm a real newb at admining MySQL.    We have a customer that uses our software that
scripts queries and they are using a MySQL backend.

They have sent us a test script and their database and I have setup a test server, loaded
the data setup an ODBC connection and this all works fine.

The first job they sent us appears to be working fine, but the second one throws an error
saying the query is empty back at us.

I am an IT manager and I don't know much about how our software scripting system works or
even if there is a debugger, so I was just trying to attack the problem from the server
side to see if I could see the query at the server...   I thought profiling might help,
but that only helps me with the session that I am connected to as far as I can see
anyway, I'm not seeing any of the queries that are being generated by the remote seesion
through the odbc connector...

Is there some way the I can see the queries that are being run against this server from
the remote session?  As this is a test system and it's doing very little, I was hoping
that if I could see the query I might get some insight of what might be wrong in the
script without having to learn how our whole scripting software system works.

I have done this with the MSSQL profiler in the past to locate slow queries in the past,
so I assume it is possible and I just can't make the documents on the MySQL profiler make
sense to me.

Thanks for any help anyone could provide on this as I've got people that expect miracles
in the next 5 minutes here!

Bill

Thread
How can I see the query from a remote session against my serverBill Dossett9 Jun
  • Re: How can I see the query from a remote session against my serverMichael Dykman9 Jun
    • Re: How can I see the query from a remote session against my serverAnirudh Sundar9 Jun
      • Re: How can I see the query from a remote session against my serverMichael Dykman9 Jun
      • RE: How can I see the query from a remote session against my serverJerry Schwartz9 Jun
        • RE: How can I see the query from a remote session against my serverBill Dossett9 Jun
        • Re: How can I see the query from a remote session against my serverMichael Dykman9 Jun