List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator Date:June 8 2010 6:59am
Subject:how to setup replication - MySQL 5.0.x - Migration and new databases
View as plain text
Hi,

we do have different LAMP systems and recently I started to put some
mysql databases on one, new master server. (RedHat, Fredora, MySQL 4.x -
5.0.xx)

I did this by exporting some databases with mysqldump and importing tham
on the new server.

Now I'd like to add a slave mysqlserver and so I started to read some
docs from the web and manuals from addison-wesley but some questions do
remain or occur.

What is the best way to "copy" the databases from the master to the
slave? I thought that I can shut down the master and copie the database
directory to the slave and than go on with the config, restarting the
servers, etc.

Doing so, do I have to lock any InnoDB tables or anything else? (May be
I missunderstand some docs...)

So far I only copied a few databases from the different servers to the
new master.

The second "big" question is: How to add new databases to the master
after sucessfully running a master-slave-setup? Will the new database be
copied/created on the slave automatically? Or do I have to create tham
twice?

Thanks for any comments and sugesstions. Best Regards,

	Götz

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke@stripped

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. Claudia Hübner

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt
Thread
how to setup replication - MySQL 5.0.x - Migration and new databasesGötz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator8 Jun
  • Re: how to setup replication - MySQL 5.0.x - Migration and new databasesRob Wultsch8 Jun
    • Re: how to setup replication - MySQL 5.0.x - Migration and new databasesGötz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator10 Jun
      • Re: how to setup replication - MySQL 5.0.x - Migration and newdatabasesJoerg Bruehe10 Jun
    • Re: how to setup replication - MySQL 5.0.x - Migration and new databaseslejeczek13 Jul
      • Re: how to setup replication - MySQL 5.0.x - Migration and new databasesMichael Dykman14 Jul