List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jaime Crespo Rincón Date:June 4 2010 1:00pm
Subject:Re: Missing database file names
View as plain text
2010/6/4 Jesse F. Hughes <jesse@stripped>:
> Is it possible to build a .MYI file "from scratch"?
>
> I have found a file that I believe is recorded.MYD.  I have the .frm
> file as well, but I don't think that recorded.MYI survived the
> file system event.

Yes, the mysql utility "myisamchk" and the REPAIR command should be
able to regenerate an MYI file from a .MYD and .frm files.
After all, MDI file only contains the disk version of the indexes.
Beware of possible issues if using different server version, though.

--
Jaime Crespo
MySQL & Java Instructor
Re: Missing database file namesJesse F. Hughes4 Jun
  • Re: Missing database file namesJesse F. Hughes4 Jun
    • Re: Missing database file namesJesse F. Hughes5 Jun