List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:June 3 2010 6:44pm
Subject:Re: Geting current user pasword.
View as plain text
It goes strongly against best practices to store user passwords in the
clear.  If you are storing any personal information at all,
information as trivial as the association as a name and an email
address, there are privacy regulations which prohibit the practice.

For some trivial app, with user buy-in, it *can* be done but there is
rarely a good reason for it in my experience.

 - michael dykman

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Guillermo <srguillermoh@stripped> wrote:

> Hello,
>   I need to get the user and password from the current session. I found the
> user() function, wich gets the username, is there anything like that to get
> the password ?
>
> Thx
>
> Guillermo
>

> __________ Información de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versión de la base de
> firmas
> de virus 5170 (20100603) __________
>
> ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.
>
> http://www.eset.com

 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

 May the Source be with you.
Thread
Geting current user pasword.Unknown Sender3 Jun
  • Re: Geting current user pasword.Dan Nelson3 Jun
  • Re: Geting current user pasword.Michael Dykman3 Jun
    • Re: Geting current user pasword.Johan De Meersman4 Jun
  • Re: Geting current user pasword.Jim Lyons3 Jun