List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:June 3 2010 5:26pm
Subject:Re: Geting current user pasword.
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jun 03), Guillermo said:
> Hello,
>     I need to get the user and password from the current session. I
> found the user() function, wich gets the username, is there anything
> like that to get the password ?

Nope.  I don't think the server even sees the password during
authentication.  It's all done with hashed versions.  You'll probably have
to cache the original password used to make the connection, if you need to
use it again later.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/password-hashing.html

--
	Dan Nelson