List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:June 3 2010 6:25am
Subject:Re: Missing database file names
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jun 02), Jesse F. Hughes said:
> After a recent hard drive kerfluffle and the results of fsck, I'm left
> with a slew of jumbled database files.  The file command can tell me the
> file types, like so:
>
> #15901614: MySQL table definition file Version 10
> #15901615: MySQL MISAM compressed data file Version 1
> #15901617: MySQL table definition file Version 10
> #15901618: MySQL MISAM compressed data file Version 1
> #15901620: MySQL table definition file Version 10
> #15901621: MySQL MISAM compressed data file Version 1
>
> These files are, I'm pretty sure, from my mythtv database.  I'm
> rebuilding my box and it would be nice if I can keep the mythtv
> database the same as before, but how can I tell which file is which?

"table definition" files are the .frm files; "MISAM compressed data" files
are .MYI files.  Unfortunately, you're missing the .MYD files in that list,
which don't have a header (sometimes 'file' thinks they're dbase format).

You may be in luck, though.  The filenames are the inode numbers of the
original files, and it looks like they're in sequential order, so the tables
were probably created all at once, one after the other.  File #15901616 (if
it exists) is probably the .MYD file that corresponds to #15901614 (.frm)
and #15901615 (.MYI).

The numerical order of the files should match the order the mythtv setup
script creates its tables.  If they aren't in order for some reason, then
you can rename the groups of files into "a.frm", "a.MYI", "a.MYD", "b.frm",
"b.MYI", "b.MYD", etc, then run "show create table a" etc to determine the
table layout and match them up to known mythtv tables.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped
Re: Missing database file namesJesse F. Hughes4 Jun
  • Re: Missing database file namesJesse F. Hughes4 Jun
    • Re: Missing database file namesJesse F. Hughes5 Jun