List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:June 3 2010 1:41am
Subject:Re: Question on http query
View as plain text
MySQL is a tradition Relational DataBase System.  It underlays
something like 80% (somebody correct me if I'm out-of-date here) of
the http applications populating the internet.  While some RDBMSs
offer extensions for RESP-like HTTP implementations, MySQL does not
support this directly.  It can be used in conjunction with a multitude
of languages and frameworks.

If you are just getting started on this path, you might want to look
at something like python or ruby or PHP, they all can handle HTTP
requests very efficiently and have nice interfaces to MySQL.

Best of Luck.

 - michael dykman