List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Perrin Harkins Date:May 28 2010 6:06pm
Subject:Re: Using RAND to get a unique ID that has not been used yet
View as plain text
On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Andre Matos <andrematos@stripped> wrote:
> I have a table that uses auto_increment to generate the Id automatically working
> fine.
> However, I need to create a new table where the Id must be a number generated
> randomly, so I cannot use the auto_increment.

You'd be better off using UUID in my opinion.

- Perrin
Thread
Using RAND to get a unique ID that has not been used yetAndre Matos28 May
  • Re: Using RAND to get a unique ID that has not been used yetJim Lyons28 May
    • RE: Using RAND to get a unique ID that has not been used yetSteven Staples28 May
      • Re: Using RAND to get a unique ID that has not been used yetAndre Matos28 May
        • RE: Using RAND to get a unique ID that has not been used yetJerry Schwartz28 May
          • Re: Using RAND to get a unique ID that has not been used yetAndre Matos28 May
    • RE: Using RAND to get a unique ID that has not been used yetJerry Schwartz28 May
  • Re: Using RAND to get a unique ID that has not been used yetPerrin Harkins28 May
  • Re: Using RAND to get a unique ID that has not been used yetKevin \(Gmail\)28 May