List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:May 27 2010 1:08pm
Subject:Re: Slow query using string functions
View as plain text
Jerry,

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Jerry Schwartz <jerry@stripped> wrote:
> I have a pretty simple query that seems to take a lot longer than it ought to
> (over 2 minutes).

I suspect that if you watch Handler_ stats, you'll find that the
EXPLAIN estimate is wrong for some reason and it's accessing many more
rows than you think in the second table, or something similar.  In any
case, I'd start by measuring what the query is actually doing, not
what EXPLAIN thinks.  What does that show?
Thread
Slow query using string functionsJerry Schwartz26 May
  • RE: Slow query using string functionsGavin Towey27 May
    • RE: Slow query using string functionsJerry Schwartz27 May
  • Re: Slow query using string functionsJoerg Bruehe27 May
  • Re: Slow query using string functionsBaron Schwartz27 May
    • RE: Slow query using string functionsJerry Schwartz27 May