List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sydney Puente Date:May 26 2010 10:18am
Subject:Re: source backup.sql - troubleshoot
View as plain text
Hello,
The invocation syntax is OK  I think.
yes backup.sql was just a generic name.  I think the sql file could be called anything.
And there is a use event
The result of sourcing the sql file is to create only the 1st (of the expected 4 ) tables
- and it hangs - I never get the mysql prompt back.

-- MySQL dump 10.11
--
--     Database: event
-- ------------------------------------------------------

/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;
/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@@CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS */;
/*!40101 SET @OLD_COLLATION_CONNECTION=@@COLLATION_CONNECTION */;
/*!40101 SET NAMES utf8 */;
/*!40103 SET @OLD_TIME_ZONE=@@TIME_ZONE */;
/*!40103 SET TIME_ZONE='+00:00' */;
/*!40014 SET @OLD_UNIQUE_CHECKS=@@UNIQUE_CHECKS, UNIQUE_CHECKS=0 */;
/*!40014 SET @OLD_FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=@@FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS, FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0 */;
/*!40101 SET @OLD_SQL_MODE=@@SQL_MODE, SQL_MODE='NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO' */;
/*!40111 SET @OLD_SQL_NOTES=@@SQL_NOTES, SQL_NOTES=0 */;

--
-- Current Database: `event`
--

CREATE DATABASE /*!32312 IF NOT EXISTS*/ `event` /*!40100 DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1
*/;

USE `event`;

Can I have the commands being issued echo to the screen somehow, so I can identify which
command is causing the problem?
Or investigate the problem in some other way?

TIA

-Syd

mysql> source /home/sydney/event/event_2010-05-25_02h07m.Tuesday.sql;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)