List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Robert Browne Date:April 22 1999 2:01am
Subject:Password bug
View as plain text
To the mysql mailing list

VERSION="3.21.33b"
From debian package= mysql-server_3.21.33b-2.deb
COMPILATION_COMMENT="Source distribution"
BUGmysql="mysql@stripped"

There is a bug with passwords in this package.

With no root password in mysql user file, connection to mysql is fine.

With root password in the mysql user file:

# mysql -p[.......] mysql
# mysql -p[.......] test

Access to user denied root@localhost (using password yes)

$ mysql -u root mysql
# mysql mysql
# mysql test

Access to user denied root@localhost (using password no)
Note: there is no prompt for a password

When I look at the log file, it says using password YES ????
This leads me to the conclusion that the server is adding a password
and that it is not the same as in the user file.

I did not use your bug report because it looked ay my
/etc/passwd file.

               />          Take care, Rob  ;-)
               \>    http://www.alphalink.com.au/~rbrowne/linux.htm

Thread
Password bugRobert Browne22 Apr
  • Re: Password bugDarrell Shifflett22 Apr
Re: Password bugPaul DuBois22 Apr
  • Re: Password bugRobert Browne24 Apr