List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Guilhem Bichot Date:May 23 2010 9:16am
Subject:Important for users of Bazaar branches of MySQL Server code from
Launchpad
View as plain text
Hello,

Please, read this email if you are using Bazaar branches of MySQL Server
code located on Launchpad (at https://code.launchpad.net/mysql-server ).

I just converted our Oracle-internal Bazaar shared repository to "Bazaar
format 2a" (it used to be in format 1.9). This is a new format where bzr
stores things differently, resulting in a twice smaller repository (~400
MB instead of ~800MB).

As this Oracle-internal repository is mirrored to Launchpad, Launchpad
is going to convert its mirror branches to format 2a too (automatically,
I have been told).
This conversion takes several hours, so expect those Launchpad branches
to be unavailable today and/or tomorrow. Don't panic if "bzr pull" from
Launchpad gives errors, for example.

After the conversion is done, there will be simple conversion steps to
take on your side too. I'll explain them in a next email, when Launchpad
has converted enough branches (which is hard to predict as it depends on
Launchpad's automatic jobs, and its load, but I guess it will be
tomorrow or on Tuesday).
I don't want to explain steps right now, because following conversion
instructions if Launchpad's branches happen to not be converted yet (bad
luck), would only be a pure waste of your time.

Thanks.

--
Mr. Guilhem Bichot <guilhem@stripped>
Sun Microsystems / MySQL, Lead Software Engineer