List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tim Gustafson Date:May 21 2010 2:21pm
Subject:Re: Database Quotas
View as plain text
> if MYSQL attempts to insert more bytes than what is available
> on disk you will get 28 ENOSPC No space left on device
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/operating-system-error-codes.html

Does it figured that out before it tries to write a record?  So, if I have 2KB left on the
device and I write a 4KB record, does the first 2KB get written and then the error occurs,
or does the error occur before the write is attempted?

I guess what I'm asking is will the tables be marked as "crashed" when an ENOSPC happens,
or will the tables still be in good health?

If they're still in good health, then I suppose that I could use ZFS file systems to
allocate space for databases...it just seems that this ought to be a feature of the
database.  :)

Tim Gustafson
Baskin School of Engineering
UC Santa Cruz
tjg@stripped
831-459-5354
Thread
Database QuotasTim Gustafson21 May
  • Re: Database QuotasNoel Butler21 May
    • Re: Database QuotasTim Gustafson21 May
      • RE: Database QuotasMartin Gainty21 May
        • Re: Database QuotasTim Gustafson21 May
          • Re: Database QuotasJohnny Withers21 May
          • RE: Database QuotasMartin Gainty21 May
    • Re: Database QuotasColin Streicher21 May
      • Re: Database QuotasTim Gustafson21 May
        • Re: Database QuotasColin Streicher21 May
          • Re: Database QuotasTim Gustafson21 May
  • Re: Database QuotasShawn Green21 May
Re: Database QuotasTim Gustafson21 May