List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shawn Green Date:May 21 2010 4:17am
Subject:Re: Database Quotas
View as plain text
Tim Gustafson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if this is already an open issue or not - a Google search resulted in
> various discussions but I didn't find any open support/feature request.
>
> It would be really handy if during the "create database" statement, one could specify
> something like:
>
> CREATE DATABASE foo QUOTA=10G;
>
> to limit the entire database being created to no more than 10GB (in this example).
>
> I've found various other schemes about using ZFS and other disk partitioning systems
> to just limit available space in the mySQL database folders, but I've read commentary
> about how that can corrupt the database if the disk becomes full.
>
> So, is this a feature that seems useful to other people?  It would certainly be
> useful to me.
>
> Thanks for a great product!
>
> Tim Gustafson
> Baskin School of Engineering
> UC Santa Cruz
> tjg@stripped
> 831-459-5354

We encourage you to add your comments to the existing feature request:
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=21038

Also, you can configure the common InnoDB tablespace to have a fixed
maximum size. But that is not for a single table or database but for the
total of all data stored within InnoDB.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/innodb-init.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/adding-and-removing.html

While it is similar in concept to what you proposed, it fails to meet
your needs by being global rather than specific.

--
Shawn Green
MySQL Principle Technical Support Engineer
      • Re: Database QuotasTim Gustafson21 May
        • Re: Database QuotasColin Streicher21 May
          • Re: Database QuotasTim Gustafson21 May
  • Re: Database QuotasShawn Green21 May
Re: Database QuotasTim Gustafson21 May