List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Colin Streicher Date:May 21 2010 1:45am
Subject:Re: spamassassin database
View as plain text
On May 20, 2010 11:35:32 am John G. Heim wrote:
> Right now I have the spamassassin bayesian rules database in mysql myisam
> tables on our mail server. I want to move it to our database server.
> Mysqltuner tells me that the read/write ratio is 10/90. 90% writes.
>
> Given a database that is doing 90% writes, what database engine should I
> use?
Postgres :p

In seriousness though, go with whatever the rest of your database uses. There are probably
some
minor differences between database engines, but for maintenance,  you will not regret
keeping things
consistent.

Colin
Thread
spamassassin databaseJohn G. Heim20 May
  • Re: spamassassin databaseColin Streicher21 May
Re: spamassassin databaseTim Gustafson21 May
  • Re: spamassassin databaseTim Gustafson21 May