List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Noel Butler Date:May 21 2010 12:32am
Subject:Re: Database Quotas
View as plain text
On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 16:27 -0700, Tim Gustafson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if this is already an open issue or not - a Google search resulted in
> various discussions but I didn't find any open support/feature request.
>
> It would be really handy if during the "create database" statement, one could specify
> something like:
>
> CREATE DATABASE foo QUOTA=10G;
>
> to limit the entire database being created to no more than 10GB (in this example).

Yes it would be nice.  But the best current way is to assign a user to
the database and use system quotas.

> limit available space in the mySQL database folders, but I've read commentary about
> how that can corrupt the database if the disk becomes full.

Ummm, you're going to have the same problem either way when the limit is
reached, be it a MySQL quota or system quota, if its full, its full.

Thread
Database QuotasTim Gustafson21 May
  • Re: Database QuotasNoel Butler21 May
    • Re: Database QuotasTim Gustafson21 May
      • RE: Database QuotasMartin Gainty21 May
        • Re: Database QuotasTim Gustafson21 May
          • Re: Database QuotasJohnny Withers21 May
          • RE: Database QuotasMartin Gainty21 May
    • Re: Database QuotasColin Streicher21 May
      • Re: Database QuotasTim Gustafson21 May
        • Re: Database QuotasColin Streicher21 May
          • Re: Database QuotasTim Gustafson21 May
  • Re: Database QuotasShawn Green21 May
Re: Database QuotasTim Gustafson21 May