List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tim Gustafson Date:May 20 2010 11:27pm
Subject:Database Quotas
View as plain text
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is already an open issue or not - a Google search resulted in various
discussions but I didn't find any open support/feature request.

It would be really handy if during the "create database" statement, one could specify
something like:

CREATE DATABASE foo QUOTA=10G;

to limit the entire database being created to no more than 10GB (in this example).

I've found various other schemes about using ZFS and other disk partitioning systems to
just limit available space in the mySQL database folders, but I've read commentary about
how that can corrupt the database if the disk becomes full.

So, is this a feature that seems useful to other people?  It would certainly be useful to
me.

Thanks for a great product!

Tim Gustafson
Baskin School of Engineering
UC Santa Cruz
tjg@stripped
831-459-5354

Thread
Database QuotasTim Gustafson21 May
  • Re: Database QuotasNoel Butler21 May
    • Re: Database QuotasTim Gustafson21 May
      • RE: Database QuotasMartin Gainty21 May
        • Re: Database QuotasTim Gustafson21 May
          • Re: Database QuotasJohnny Withers21 May
          • RE: Database QuotasMartin Gainty21 May
    • Re: Database QuotasColin Streicher21 May
      • Re: Database QuotasTim Gustafson21 May
        • Re: Database QuotasColin Streicher21 May
          • Re: Database QuotasTim Gustafson21 May
  • Re: Database QuotasShawn Green21 May
Re: Database QuotasTim Gustafson21 May