List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nitin Mehta Date:May 20 2010 7:50am
Subject:Re: Innodb buffer pool size
View as plain text
Hi,

First thing that comes to my mind is that it is probably the best time to put your
application server and database server on different hosts. Having said that, in this case
increasing buffer pool size is still advisable as per my understanding. Your swap
consumption will go up in that case which is not very good either. But giving only 4 GB
to Innodb is even worse for the performance. It is subjective though. You should first
check if MySQL is actually using the allotted 4GB or not. If not, increasing the value
will not help.

Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Nitin