List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bernd Lentes Date:May 16 2010 1:41pm
Subject:RE: Recommend A Backup User / Privileges?
View as plain text

Carlos mennens wrote:

> Can you guys recommend something for me here? I don't really
> know enough about MySQL 'grant' permissions to determine
> which would work or if the 'backup' user would require high
> level privileges.

Hi,

Set the rights of the script file to rwx------ . So only the owner can read it. Or provide
in the home of the user who executes the script a file named .my.cnf . Inside that file
you provide a section [mysqld] , where you can specify the user and the password to
connect to the database. Also this file has only to be readable for the user who executes
the script (rwx------).

Bernd
Thread
Recommend A Backup User / Privileges?Carlos Mennens28 Apr
  • Re: Recommend A Backup User / Privileges?Anand Kumar29 Apr
  • RE: Recommend A Backup User / Privileges?Bernd Lentes16 May