List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bob Cole Date:May 15 2010 2:40pm
Subject:Re: C API Function for count(*)
View as plain text
You might get closer to what you want if you put your command in a text file and run it
from the command line.
On a Mac OS X, I put a similar command:
     select count(*) from testTable;
into a small text file:
     testCount.txt
and ran this command from the Terminal:
     mysql -u username -ppassword < /Users/myname/Documents/testCount.txt
The result was:
     COUNT(*)
     12
without the decorations.