List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nitin Mehta Date:May 11 2010 4:24am
Subject:starting multiple instances with mysqld_multi
View as plain text
Hi,

I am exploring multiple instances with MySQL which will be running using the same set of
binaries (single MySQL base). Two things which I'm not able to work out are -

	1. Why mysqld_multi stop <grp_id> doesn't work? Well, I know why it doesn't
because there is nothing in the script to handle a 'stop' call; the actual question would
be - why it doesn't work when it is mentioned in the MySQL reference manual?
	2. how to (auto) restart the instances after a server restart? do I need to write my own
script for this or is there anything available which I'm not aware of?
If you have resolved these issues, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Nitin

Thread
starting multiple instances with mysqld_multiNitin Mehta11 May
  • Re: starting multiple instances with mysqld_multiPrabhat Kumar11 May
    • Re: starting multiple instances with mysqld_multiNitin Mehta11 May
  • Re: starting multiple instances with mysqld_multiYang Wang14 May