List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Claudio Nanni Date:May 4 2010 6:32pm
Subject:Re: 回复: mysql transaction log
View as plain text
MySQL does not have a thing such the Oracle transaction log.
But it has the Binary  Log used by replication,
for this reason the binary log is server level and it is "decoupled"
from the storage engine concept.
Basically (if we consider the old good "statement" format) it is just a
file with commands that were executed on the master,
and then they are passed to the slaves, if any.
If you have the "binlog" option enabled on your server (this is the only
requirement for a server to work as a 'master')
you will have a set of log files (in binary format for compression
basically) that will contain all statement executed on the server
that changed data, this means no "select" statements.
It is quite easy to imagine that if you have this logging enabled from
the birth of the server keeping all binary logs will allow you to
'replay' logs on another server and rebuild the same situation.
To read the content of the binary logs MySQL provides the utility
[mysqlbinlog].

Just a splash on binary logging!

Read also on MySQL manual, it is a good exercise.

Cheers,

Claudio

On 5/4/2010 8:58 AM, Timo wrote:
> InnoDB support transaction. MyISAM does not support trantsaction.
>

> http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mysql/article.php/3382171/Transactions-in-MySQL.htm
>
> 2010-05-04
>

> Best regards
> Timo Seven
> blog: http://zauc.wordpress.com
> #####请翻墙浏览,或者指定hosts到74.200.243.252#######
> twitter: https://twitter.com/zauc
> UNIX System Admin&  MySQL DBA

Thread
回复: mysql transaction logTimo4 May
  • Re: 回复: mysql transaction logClaudio Nanni4 May