List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:ewen fortune Date:May 4 2010 10:01am
Subject:Re: Best Bin log - type in MYSQL
View as plain text
Vikram,

> I am using win-server and xp for my master, slave setup. when i do the beginTrans
> with bin-log = STATEMENT it is causing error. If i defined this with any one of the
> following, its working quite fine. MIXED, ROW.
>
> Which is the best one in the above two? Or how it differs?
> Can I have your explanations?

I think you are mixing up your log-bin and binlog_format variables.
The first of which turns on binary logging and optionally takes a
filename as an argument, the second controls the binary log format
which can be STATEMENT, ROW or MIXED.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/replication-options-binary-log.html#option_mysqld_log-bin

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/binary-log-formats.html

Ewen
Thread
Best Bin log - type in MYSQLVikram A4 May
  • Re: Best Bin log - type in MYSQLewen fortune4 May
    • Re: Best Bin log - type in MYSQLVikram A4 May