List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rob Wultsch Date:May 3 2010 6:39am
Subject:Re: mysql spatial functions (Was: Best index for searching on lat /
long data i.e. decimal vs. float)
View as plain text

> spatial

> representing unique
> find the
>>> rectangle

<troll>
Please at least considered PostGIS.

In my limited experience all the good GIS people I know use PG. Also
spatial indexes are limited to MyISAM in MySQL, which is a significant
limitation for many users.

http://postgis.refractions.net/

</troll>

--
Rob Wultsch
wultsch@stripped
    • Re: mysql spatial functions (Was: Best index for searching on lat / longdata i.e. decimal vs. float)dan2 May
Re: mysql spatial functions (Was: Best index for searching on lat / longdata i.e. decimal vs. float)dan2 May
Re: mysql spatial functions (Was: Best index for searching on lat / longdata i.e. decimal vs. float)dan3 May
Re: mysql spatial functions (Was: Best index for searching on lat / longdata i.e. decimal vs. float)dan3 May
  • Re: mysql spatial functions (Was: Best index for searching on lat / long data i.e. decimal vs. float)Rob Wultsch3 May
    • Re: mysql spatial functions (Was: Best index for searching on lat / longdata i.e. decimal vs. float)dan3 May